11:40 am, Friday, 12th January 2024 - 2 months ago
Councillor Jackson (in the Chair)
Councillors Beasant, Brookes, Cracknell, Dawkins and Shreeve
Officers in attendance:
• Nicola Miller (People Partnering Manager)
• Sophie Pickerden (Committee Support Officer)
• Rachel Marshall (Committee Support Officer)
APT.13 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies for absence from this meeting were received.
APT.14 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest made in respect of any items on the agenda for this meeting.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the Appointments Committee on the 21st August 2023 and 31st August 2023 be approved.
APT.16 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded for the following business on the grounds that its discussion was likely to disclose exempt information within paragraph 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
APT.17 EXERCISE OF DISCRETION ON REDUNDANCY
The committee considered a report from the Joint Chief Executive in respect of the discretion being applied to the redundancy and pension payments to be made to two redundant employees.
The committee were given the opportunity to ask questions and seek clarifications on any matters. Several committee members raised concerns with the current discretionary payment policy particularly in light of the current financial situation. The committee indicated that they would like a report on the policy to be brought to a future Appointments Committee meeting as previously requested.
- That the report be noted.
- That the discretion payment detailed in respect of case number 02/23 and 03/23, as set out in the report now submitted, be approved.
- That the application by case number 03/23 for a further discretionary payment be rejected.
- That a report on the discretionary payment policy be submitted to a future meeting of this committee.
There being no further business, the Chair declared the meeting closed at 9.39 a.m.