Cabinet 15th November 2023
12:41 pm, Thursday, 14th December 2023 - 3 months ago
Present: Councillor Jackson (in the Chair)
Councillors Cracknell, Dawkins, Harness, Shepherd, Shreeve and S. Swinburn.
Officers in attendance:
• Carolina Borgstrom (Director of Economy, Environment and Infrastructure)
• Katie Brown (Director of Adult Services)
• Simon Jones (Assistant Director of Law and Governance)
• Rob Walsh (Chief Executive)
• Sharon Wroot (Executive Director of Place and Resources)
• Zoe Campbell (Senior Scrutiny and Committee Advisor)
• Councillor Holland
• Michelle Lalor (Head of Communications and Customer)
There were no members of the press or public present.
CB.42 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies for absence were received for this meeting.
CB.43 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interests made from Members with regard to items on the agenda for this meeting.
The minutes of the Cabinet meeting on the 20th September 2023 were agreed as a correct record.
CB.45 COUNCIL PLAN RESOURCES AND FINANCE REPORT – QUARTER 2 2023/24
Cabinet considered a report from the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Resources and Assets providing key information and analysis of the Council’s finance and resources position at the end of quarter two.
- That the content of the report now submitted be noted.
- That the report be referred to all Scrutiny Panels for further consideration and oversight.
CB.46 TREASURY OUTTURN HALF YEAR REPORT 2023/24
Cabinet considered a report from the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Resources and Assets detailing the treasury management arrangements, activity and performance during the 2023/24 financial year.
RESOLVED – That the treasury management activity during the first half of 2023-24, as set out in the report now submitted, be noted.
CB.47 REFRESH OF PROCUREMENT STRATEGY & SOCIAL VALUE POLICY
Cabinet considered a report from the Portfolio Holder Finance, Resources and Assets seeking to adopt and approve the revised version of the Procurement Strategy (Appendix A) and the ‘Valuing North East Lincolnshire’ Social Value and Community Benefit Policy (Appendix B) for immediate implementation.
- That the revised version of the Procurement Strategy (Appendix A) and the ‘Valuing North East Lincolnshire’ Social Value and Community Benefit Policy (Appendix B) be approved and adopted for immediate implementation.
- That the Executive Director Place and Resources, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Resource and Assets, be delegated responsibility to implement.
CB.48 CORPORATION ROAD BRIDGE REFURBISHMENT GRIMSBY
Cabinet considered a report from the Portfolio Holder for Environment and Transport seeking approval for additional council capital funding.
- That the additional capital funding as set out at Option 1 of the closed appendix to the report now submitted, which may be required to complete the refurbishment of the bridge, be approved.
- That accepting the estimated nature of the possible costs, that authority be delegated to the Director of Economy, Environment and Infrastructure, in consultation with the Executive Director Place and Resources (as Section 151 Officer) and also in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Environment and Transport, to make any required adjustments in the above funding to the maximum being the amount as set out at Option 3 of the closed appendix to the report now submitted and to implement all actions necessary to bring the required works to fruition and to take all ancillary actions reasonably arising.
CB.49 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
RESOLVED – That the press and public be requested to leave on the grounds that discussion of the following business was likely to disclose exempt information within paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
CB.50 CORPORATION ROAD BRIDGE
Cabinet considered a closed appendix referred to at CB.48 above.
RESOLVED – That the appendix to the report, pursuant to the decision at CB.48 above, be noted.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 5.22 p.m.