Cabinet 17th January
2:20 pm, Wednesday, 31st January 2024 - 1 month ago
Present: Councillor Jackson (in the Chair)
Councillors Cracknell, Dawkins, Harness, Shepherd, Shreeve and S Swinburn.
Officers in attendance:
• Carolina Borgstrom (Director of Economy, Environment and Infrastructure)
• Zoe Campbell (Senior Scrutiny and Committee Advisor)
• Simon Jones (Assistant Director of Law and Governance)
• Rob Walsh (Chief Executive)
• Sharon Wroot (Executive Director of Place and Resources)
• Liz Marsden (Strategic Communications Lead)
• Angela Webster (Project Manager)
There were no members of the press or public present.
CB.63 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies for absence were received for this meeting.
CB.64 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interests made from Members with regard to items on the agenda for this meeting.
RESOLVED – The minutes of the Cabinet meeting on the
20th December 2023 were agreed as a correct record subject to Councillor S Swinburn’s attendance being added to the minutes.
CB.66 APPROVAL AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION WRAPAROUND CHILDCARE PROGRAMME FUNDING
Cabinet considered a report from the Portfolio Holder for Children and Education seeking approval and acceptance of the ring-fenced Department for Education (DfE) Wraparound Childcare Programme (WCP) funding in order for North East Lincolnshire Council to co-ordinate the delivery of the Wraparound Childcare Programme across the borough.
- That the Executive Director Place and Resources (as s151 Officer) be authorised to accept the ring-fenced Wraparound Childcare Programme funding of up to £1,055,568.55, paid in instalments of: £12,559.27 in 2023/24; £708,952.09 in 2024/25, with a final, provisional payment of £334,057.19 in 2025/26;
- That authority be delegated to the Director of Children’s Services in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Children and Education to implement and co-ordinate the delivery of the Wraparound Childcare Programme in North East Lincolnshire, making modifications as and when necessary.
CB.67 LOCAL EMPTY PROPERTIES – COMPULSORY PURCHASE ORDER (CPO’S)
Cabinet considered a report from the Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Economy, Net Zero, Skills and Housing seeking authority for the Council to pursue CPO formal action to tackle three problematic empty properties.
1) That the use of Compulsory Purchase Orders on 289 Yarborough Road Grimsby, 184 Rutland Street Grimsby and 453b Weelsby Street, Grimsby be approved.
2) That the Executive Director Place and Resources be authorised to use funding allocated within the existing Empty Homes Capital Budget to fund legal, professional and acquisition costs.
3) That the Executive Director Place and Resources in consultation with the Leader and Portfolio Holder for Economy, Net Zero, Skills and Housing be authorised to commence and implement all formalities in connection with the exercise of compulsory purchase powers and all actions reasonably ancillary thereto and thereafter deal with subsequent disposal or refurbishment or other use as shall be at the Executive Director’s discretion and being subject to internal governance processes with a view to bringing the properties back into use.
4) That the Assistant Director Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer) be authorised to execute and complete all requisite legal documentation.
CB.68 CLEETHORPES LEVELLING UP FUND (LUF) SEA ROAD STRATEGIC LEASE
Cabinet considered a report from the Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Economy, Net Zero, Skills and Housing providing an update on the marketing efforts undertaken to date for the scheme and seeking approval to secure future occupancy of the building.
- That the recommendations within Appendix One (CLOSED) to progress with securing a lease agreement for this scheme of the report now submitted be approved.
- That the Director of Economy, Environment, and Infrastructure, in consultation with the Leader of the Council be delegated authority to settle terms, enter into lease arrangements and secure future lease agreements for this scheme.
- That the Director of Economy, Environment, and Infrastructure, in consultation with the Leader of the Council be authorised to undertake all ancillary activity reasonably arising in support and implementation of the above recommendations.
- That the Assistant Director Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer) be authorised to execute and complete all requisite legal documentation in relation to the matters outlined above.
CB.69 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
RESOLVED – That the press and public be requested to leave on the grounds that discussion of the following business was likely to disclose exempt information within paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
CB70 CLEETHORPES LEVELLING UP FUND (LUF) SEA ROAD STRATEGIC LEASE
Cabinet considered a report from the Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Economy, Net Zero, Skills and Housing referred to at CB.68 above.
RESOLVED – That the appendix to the report, pursuant to the decision at CB.68 above, be noted.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 5.19 p.m.